Latest AP, AR, and Payroll Documentation

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 31 14:15:58 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Sounds good.  I would remove the commas from the first sentence,
> but other than that it's fine.

The commas are gone now.

>>BTW, removing some of these columns in the AP and AR item lists would
>>be great, if possible.  The second biggest complaint I get from the
>>person using GnuCash for AP/AR every day at my company is that there
>>is too many "things" in these lists.
>

> If I could figure a way to have the features while removing columns I
> would..  I had fewer columns before, and it was just too confusing.
> For example, I had one column that combined the discount-type and
> discount-how but it was hard to explain the progression of $, %, +$,
> +% -- and then I changed the internal model...
>
> But I would like to hear the complaint..  E.g. which "things" are
> extraneous?  Perhaps I could make a preference to, say, hide the
> various discount columns...

Oh, well, the complaint is something like "ewwww, so many columns".  :)

Usually they ignore tax altogether, and just enter a description, number
of items, and unit price.  So, I'm not saying there is anything wrong,
just that people were a little put off with so many columns.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil