Default currency for reports

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Thu Jul 31 13:21:59 CDT 2003

Herbert Thoma <tma at iis.fhg.de> writes:

> Derek Atkins schrieb:
> >
> > Edit -> Preferences -> International
>
> And if your locale is set properly, this should
> default to your national currency. I at least get
> EUR there with $LANG=de_DE.

Uhm, based on LANG? What does the language I speak have to do with the
currency I use? In any case I don't set my locale because I want to be sure to
get the C locale. The other ones often specify bizarre collating rules or
create other confusion.

There's LC_MONETARY but I'm unclear whether that specifies a currency or just
how to format currency numbers.

I suspect my problem is that I set up my accounts a while ago and have been
upgrading. So I never got to set the default currency. Thanks.

--
greg