FAQ - combining 2 accounts

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 31 20:21:41 CDT 2003

marthter wrote:
> Jon Lapham wrote:
>
>> Q: How can I combine the transaction from 2 accounts into 1?
>> A: There is no easy way to do this, you will need to copy each
>> transaction one at a time.
>

> I think someone replied to this earlier with an alternate method: go to
> the "from" account and just change the splits so it will move it to the
> "to" account.
>
> In any case, I think with the current answer,a  the newbie will need
> more detailed discription than "copy each transaction", like exactly
> what to click on to do the copy.

How is this:

Q: How can I move the transactions from account A into account B, thus
combining them?

A: There is no easy way to do this, you will need to move each
transaction one at a time.  To do so, select a transaction in account A,
click on the Jump button to go to the referencing account, and change
the transaction "transfer" reference from account A to account B.
Repeat for all transactions in account A.  When you finish, account A
should be empty and you can safely delete it.

Ugh, not very easy to explain.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil