TRANSLATORS howto (take 3)

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Wed Jun 11 09:01:55 CDT 2003

On 6/11/2003 4:19 AM, someone claiming to be Christian Stimming wrote:
> Derek Atkins schrieb:
>
>> Tim Wunder <tim at thewunders.org> writes:
<snip>

>>> I suppose cvs co -rgnucash-1-8-branch gnucash-docs
>>> would get the docs for branch, if Jon doesn't want the docs from HEAD...
>>

>> Nope, that wont work, because there is no "gnucash-1-8-branch" in the
>> gnucash-docs module.
>

> Exactly. By definition :-) there is no such thing as "docs for the
> unstable branch". Instead, there is only one branch for documentation
> (HEAD) and it refers to the stable branch of gnucash (gnucash-1-8-branch
> of the code module). Might sound a little bit confused, but if you think
> about it, there really is no need for an unstable branch of the
> documentation.

Ahhh.. OK.
I checked out gnucash-docs before the branch and haven't manually
checked it out since. My updating is done via a script.
Now, when I execute 'cvs update -rgnucash-1-8-branch' (which is
essentially what my script is doing), am I *not* getting the latest
docs? The gnucash-docs directory seems to get updated. Of course, my
script doesn't compile the docs, so it doesn't really matter...

Regards,
Tim