CVS update: gnucash/src/engine

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Jun 12 01:17:10 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:14:05AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> The reason I have for moving the EntityTable is that a GNCBook* has a
> GUID, and GNC-Events are keyed off the creation/destruction of GUIDs
> (including Books).

Yes that is self-referential.

> As events use the Entity Table, the Entity Table
> should last through a session and not be tied to a specific book
> (since events are also tied to a session, not specifically to a book).

Huh? In what way?

> Try running File -> Open Recent and open a different data file.
> Notice the warning you get about id_type == NULL?  Moving the entity
> table would fix that..  I think there may be another way to fix it but
> I haven't looked at it too hard, yet.  I plan to look at it soon.

My gut impression is to urge the alternative.

Maybe there could be some kind of delegation, where the session could
ask each book about the entities that book handles?  I don't think I'd
mind that.

Just to re-iterate, I really want to keep this paradigm where books
hold data, while sessions maintain connections ... I fear the change you
propose, but don't quite grasp the issue ...

--linas