CVS update: gnucash/src/engine

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Jun 12 01:28:24 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:08:27AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> I was wondering what you were doing... ;)

Yep, just about everything in src/engine that doesn't have anything to
do with currency, accounts or transactions can now be compiled
separately.  Besides queries, this includes books, sessions, backend,
as well as kvp, events, numeric and date.

I did nothing but move misc accounting crud out of book, session, etc.
The idea of having a query engine that stands alone from a database
seems to be more or less unique according to google.  Don't know if
that's good or bad, I think its good, it fits with my current coding
style.  We'll see if it lasts.

Of course, my one-size-fits-all generic proclamation would be something
along the lines of "everybody needs one of these!"

--linas