CVS update: gnucash/src/engine

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Tue Jun 17 01:45:09 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 01:21:47AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:

> > > Ahh, cool.  I hope you like my new query plugin system where
> > > you can add new search types at runtime.  ;)

[...]

> Well, the query system requires an iterable cache and will call
> out to a plug-in for backend lookups (to feed the cache).
> It's certainly not tied to a specific database for format,
> but it _is_ an order-N search.

shades of ... PRIMARY KEY .... INDEX ....

Databases work that way, unless you have previously built an index
(hash table, b-tree, etc.) on the thing you are trying to match.
So the next enhancement is clear:  start adding indexes, as a
prelude to a full-blown query optimizer.

--linas