kvp-frame convenience functions?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 30 15:36:34 CDT 2003

Linas,

I was thinking about ways to improve the kvp-frame infrastructure.
One thing I was thinking that was "it would be nice" if there were
some "direct" setters.  Instead of having all those "kvp_value_new_xxx"
wouldn't it be nice if there were a "kvp_slot_set_xxx"?  In other words
instead of having to call:

kvp_value *val = kvp_value_new_xxx(value);
kvp_frame_set_slot_path(frame, val, path, to, slot, NULL);
kvp_value_delete(val);

It would be nice if I could just call:

kvp_frame_set_slot_xxx(frame, value, path, to, slot, NULL);

similarly, getters of the same style would also be nice.  Being able
to directly avoid the kvp_value when possible....

What do you think?