pthreads in guid.c break compile

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 20:40:07 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 02:38, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 23:08, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> > When compiling the cvs head, I get the following errors:
> >
> > ../.libs/libgncmod-engine.so: undefined reference to
> > `pthread_getspecific'
> > ../.libs/libgncmod-engine.so: undefined reference to `pthread_once'
> > ../.libs/libgncmod-engine.so: undefined reference to
> > `pthread_key_create'
> > ../.libs/libgncmod-engine.so: undefined reference to
> > `pthread_setspecific'
> >

> > Should there be another library included in the link step to pick up
> > these functions?
>
> Try adding 'LDADD = -lpthread' to src/engine/Makefile.am.  What kind of
> system are you compiling on?

This doesn't work.  LDADD shows up in Makefile, of course, but there's
nothing in the Makefile to apply $(LDADD) to the link step.

Whoever's most familiar with automake and the gnucash build system ought
to make the permanent change.  That certainly ain't me.  Also, if we
*are* going to be linking against pthreads, then it ought to be checked
for in configure.in.  To Derek's point, is pthreads the desired
direction?  How platform-agnostic are pthreads?  Will they be available
to compile against on, for example, Mac OS X or Windows 2whatever?

--
Matthew Vanecek