1.8.2 Release candidate

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Tue Mar 4 18:21:25 CST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:49, Kevin Benton wrote:
> How about posting the changes (1.8.1 vs 1.8.2) here so we all know what
> to look for before giving our thumbs up or down?
>
> Kevin Benton
>
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:56, James A. Treacy wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:29:03PM -0800, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> > >
> > > I've put a release candidate in
> > > http://www.gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/unstable/release-candidate/gnucash-1.8.1.5.tar.gz
> > >
> > > Packagers please try it out and feedback any problems. If this goes well
> > > I'll release a tarball friday for you to package against for a sunday
> > > release of 1.8.2.
> >
> > Compiled and ran on Debian unstable on the first try.

This is a candidate for packagers to test for the sunday release, not a
general release. This is why there is no changelog posted. If you want
to package for a specific distro/platform release then you should know
enough about building from source to find the changelog as part of your
process. The general release sunday will have details of the changes.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit