How modular is GNUCash?

Fred fmalabre at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 18:40:35 CST 2003

I have almost no knowledge of the internal of Gnucash, so I can be completly
wrong.
I want to use the engine, I don't want to bypass it.
I believe I used a wrong vocabulary. Let me explain again...
What I wish I could do is to communicate with the engine using xml-rpc.
Thus, I would have a method i would call through xml-rpc and ask for the last
30 transactions, and the call will return with the last 30 transactions.

Does it make sense ?
I think there is not much work, it's basicaly encapsulating the calls to the
engine in xml-rpc methods...

I was thinking of a script starting an xml-rpc enable engine and then starting
a KDE front-end to connect to it. Everything should shutdown itself, then it
would be transparent for the client.

Fred.