How modular is GNUCash?

Jason Boerner JasonB at Computer.Org
Tue Mar 18 16:36:52 CST 2003

At this point, I agree.
I'm thinking of something that does the following:
1) Display the current account balances from GnuCash.
2) Display the last (user selectable) 100 transactions/account.
3) Allow the user to enter in new transactions.
4) Push those new transactions to GnuCash when it's available.

Questions:
1) Are there any specifications (other than the code) which talk about
every transaction type for each account type?
2) What would be the "best" format to use for pushing the transactions
back and forth from GnuCash to "little GnuCash"?  QIF?

Observations:
It would seem that I might be able to reuse the engine to handle 90% of
the work (to store/retrieve transactions) but the shear number of
dependencies seems give it a large footprint.
I'm unable to verify this, as I seem to have some environmental issues
which are preventing me from building the engine right now.   I hope to
get over those this week.  However, resolving that deserves a separate
post.