cross-ref account <-> account nr. (ofx)

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri May 2 09:07:25 CDT 2003

On May 2, 2003 07:46 am, gikotim at bluemail.ch wrote:
> I must have messed up my accounts!
> When I import a ofx-file the account from which the transaction comes from
> is automaticaly selected, right? The very first time a new account appears
> in an ofx-file a window pops up and asks for selecting an existing account.
> But how can I change this reference later on? It looks like I've made a
> mistake at that time. Now it put the transactions on the wrong account!

You can't (currently).  The simplest way to fix it involves editing your data
file directly:

With a text editor, open your data file, and search for the string
"online_id".  You will find constructs like this one:
    <slot>
      <slot:key>online_id</slot:key>
      <slot:value type="string">7000001000023421 0023421
815-30480-00XXXXX-EOP</slot:value>
    </slot>
One of them is the account you are trying to import.  Remove these4 lines once
you find it.  Next time you import, you will get asked which gnucash account
you want to use fot that ofx account.

If you don't want to edit your datafile, you can import some other ofx file
(like one of the sample files distributed with libofx).  Each time you are
asked which gnucash account to use for account number whatever, select the
account that you mistakenly selected before.  Once you see the list of
transactions, hit cancel.  Then try to reimport your original ofx file, you
should be able to select the right account.

Off course, backup your file before you proceed...
--
---
Benoit Grégoire