GnuCash translations

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sun May 4 12:46:15 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:37:15PM -0300, Jon Lapham was heard to remark:

> Firstly, wow, thanks for GnuCash!  Spectacular!

> Secondly, I would like to contribute some pt_BR translations.  I
> contacted the current maintainer, Jose Carlos <joseca at psabs.com> and he
> says that he is unable to work on translations right now, and that I
> should deal directly with you.
>
> Is that okay?

yes,
actually, beleive Christian Stimming still handles most of the translation patches.

> Would you like me to email you a complete pt_BR file with the updates?
> A diff with the current version?  I downloaded the gnucash-1.8.3.tar.gz
> file and I'm working with the .po file from there, is that recent enough?

I'm not to clear on the process, actually.  I beleive the guidelines
are documented at
http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?domain=gnucash

and that either Christian of Derek Atkins (warlord) will apply the patches..

> Finally, I would like to compile v1.8.3 to test out the new
> translations, but the tarball seems to be missing the configure script,
> and hints on how to generate it?

run ./autogen.sh

But be prepared to sinall a *lot* of -devel packages and libraries;
there are a lot of dependencies.

--linas