GnuCash translations

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon May 5 11:07:04 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham schrieb:
> Derek Atkins wrote:

>> Uhh, what 1.8.3 tarball???
>
> I thought it seemed a bit strange.  I got the v1.8.3 tarball from the
> link on this page:
> http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?domain=gnucash
>
> which is this link:
> http://www.tu-harburg.de/~et2cs/en/gnucash-1.8.3.tar.gz

Yes, this is a tarball that I made up, and on the Translation Project
the link has this BIG WARNING right next to it: "The following URL
information may help translators for this package, for if they need
finer translation context, but the distributions might well be
experimental, and might not even compile. Be well aware that the URLs
given here are not necessarily official." -- which is absolutely the
case. Additionally, I intentionally stripped all building scripts from
that package and replaced them with a symlink to a file NOT_FOR_COMPILE.

I nevertheless gave that package the version number 1.8.3 because from
the Translation Project's documentation it was not clear to me that the
Robot accepts any version number that lies in between 1.8.2 and 1.8.3.
(1.8.2 was already in use.) Karl Eichwalder later pointed out that I
should be able to use 1.8.3-pre1, but as I said, this is not clear from
the Translation Project's docs.

for translation context. If you want to compile something, then go get
the source from CVS.

Christian