new configure error ...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 7 23:08:43 CDT 2003

Herbert Thoma <tma at iis.fhg.de> writes:

> checking for localtime_r... yes
> checking what extra warning flags to pass to the C compiler...  -Werror
> mv: cannot stat `po/POTFILES': No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 20393: po/POTFILES.tmp: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
> /bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
> ./config.status: ./config.status: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> make: *** [config.status] Fehler 127

What do you see in your config.log?

> Any suggestion what that means? All worked well on the same system on
> April, 29th.

No clue.  It looks like it's missing some C++ configuration.

> SuSE 8.2
> automake (GNU automake) 1.7.2
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

Hmm..  Well, this implies that the AC_PUSH_LANG(C++)/AC_POP_LANG()
should be working properly.  Assuming, of course, they are in there
properly.

All I can say is that I don't have this problem with ac-2.53 and am-1.5
on my RH7.3 system.