building gnucash on cygwin (almost there, I think)

Ivan Middleton idmiddle at umich.edu
Mon May 12 17:14:00 CDT 2003

On 10 May 2003, Derek Atkins wrote:

> 1) move files/functions around to alieve the cross-dependency

My solution is to move `src/app-file/gnc-file.c' into the gnome library
(libgnc-app-file-gnome), which works nicely.  Interestingly, the naming
of the C source files already suggests this.

So I have a complete build now.  Running gnucash gives no errors, but
unfortunately doesn't seem to do anything at all except eat up CPU cycles.
By attaching gdb to the running guile process, and typing `info dll', I
can see that it actually seems to be able to load some of the gnucash
modules.  Other than that, I can't tell what's going on.

Can someone point me in the direction of information on debugging guile
programs?  The Guile reference manual mentions trace and backtrace and
single-stepping, but doesn't say *how* to single-step (that node of the
manual is blank!).

Ivan