.gmo files built twice

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu May 22 14:46:03 CDT 2003

Herbert Thoma schrieb:
> Derek Atkins schrieb:
>
>>Feel free to tackle it, but be warned that the po/Makefile is
>>created by intltoolize or gettextize....
>
> And depending on the combination of autoconf/automake/intltool/gettext
> things are more or less screwed up. For example on SuSE 8.1/8.2
> all the po files are recreated every time I build ...

I have the same problem since I upgraded to SuSE 8.1. The problem is
that the po files are rebuilt *every* time, not only once after a
checkout or something like that. It seems to me the po file rebuild is
being triggered by an update of gnucash.desktop, which in turn is
somehow rebuild *every* time.

My workaround was to remove the intltool-update command from the build
rules for (I think) $(POFILE).po from po/Makefile.in.in. I might need to
do the same thing again after each ./autogen.sh, but at least that
happens not as often as a source tree rebuild.

Christian