automagic web importing and filtering

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Thu May 22 12:52:24 CDT 2003

On May 12, 2003 01:11 pm, nmarshall wrote:
> hi all,
>
> really like gnucash, but i got an itch an really need to fix it.
>
> as an good perl programer, im lazy. so i want my online bankstatments to
> automagicly be downloaded and entered into gnucash.
> i tryed messing with quicken files but as left with a feeling that it
> could be done better. that is, i know what entrys are me buying gas and
> food, why should i have to filter this every time i inport this data..
>
> really want a automagic fix.
>
> so i looked for a websluping solution, as i love perl im using
> WWW::Mechanize.
> now i need to know where to put this data?
>  im guessing in the Import module. but would like some clues.

Indeed, you'll need to use the import module, which will offer you transaction
matching services (It should be able to automagically learn when it is you
buying food and you buying gas).

I am not clear however as to the format of the data you are pulling down.  QIF
files?  Anyhow, I'll be happy to help you, but I need more information on
what exactly you are trying to do.  Are you trying to feed data directly into
GnuCash, or only to download a file?

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/