Compiling 1.8.3 on Solaris 8

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 22 13:52:39 CDT 2003

ok, we're back to the point where this should be on the lists...

Charles Gagnon <charlesg at unixrealm.com> writes:

> That got me further but now I get:

Yea, that's what I got, too.  Do you actually have a libintl installed
on your system?  The problem is that the configure script it not
finding it.  That's what that CPPFLAGS=... was all about -- to try to
get the configure script to actually find the libintl.

What's going on here is that the configure script is building an
inconsistent picture, and you get into a state you shouldn't (or at
least a state that isn't covered by all the tests).

>     (charlesg at renoir): /usr/local/src/gnucash-1.8.3$ make
>     [...]
>     ../.libs/libgncmod-app-utils.so: undefined reference to `_'
>     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>     make[4]: *** [test-link-module] Error 1

Right.  This is why you need to get the configure script to find
libintl.  What I did (to create that CPPFLAGS=... command) was read
through the config.log to see what was failing and then trying to get
it not to fail.  You should take a look at config.log and see what
errors you get when it's looking for libintl.