ofx/qfx direct download

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri May 23 13:46:27 CDT 2003

"Levi Bard" <levi at bard.sytes.net> writes:

> Hmm, do you think banks would have a problem with gnucash doing the same
> thing?  (Without charging them a fee, of course...)

I dont know.. I think banks are always afraid of hackers, and seem of
have this view that security through obscurity helps.  I dont think
they'd appreciate an openly public list of OFX servers being
published.  Let's ignore the fact that such a list already exists, it
just isn't quite as "openly published" -- at least until someone
decided to reverse engineer Quicken's methods.