automagic web importing and filtering

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat May 24 12:34:06 CDT 2003

Olaf Faaland <ofaaland at alamedanet.net> writes:

> My planned next step, after fixing a preferences bug, is to look into the
> scheme code that already exists for slurping in QIF files to figure out how
> to re-use it.  If QIF files are what you are dealing with, then perhaps we
> could work on this QIF import re-write together.

Indeed, hooking to qif-io-core scheme code to a UI would be a MAJOR
improvement in QIF importing UIs.  OTOH, I do think there are probably
a few architectural flaws in the new importer UI that we'll have to
fix or work around (and probably some qif-specific checks that we'll
need to do).

For example, we'll need a specific Category -> GNC-Account UI, and
we'll probably need a UI to let the user choose a date format if the
dates are ambiguous (which happens more often than I'd care to think).

That notwithstanding ....    EXCELLENT!!!  I'm glad that someone else
has started working on it.  And if I can help you in any way, please
let me know!  Or come to #gnucash and we can discuss issues there....

Good Luck.

-derek