CVS update: gnucash/src/import-export

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Thu May 29 10:34:50 CDT 2003

> I'm a bit confused here... you did a doxygen update *in the .c file*? I
> thought once upon a time the consensus was pretty much to keep the function
> documentation in the .h header file, and only there? In my opinion we
> should really stick to something like that, because the header file is the
> interface that others need to read, and the .c file should really be only
> the implementation which should not be necessary to read at all. Instead,
> IMHO everything you need to know from the outside should be described in
> the header file... If you have different ideas about where to keep the
> documentation, I am open for a discussion here, but I thought this had
> already been discussed earlier.

The agreement was that doc for public functions was to be kept in header
files, but those are private fucntion comments.  They can be generated by
switching a flag in doxygen, just like all C files in the import-export
directory.  This one was especially important because in contains the
bayesian filtering code which is far from simple to understand.  So I changed
and added comments as I read it, might as well commit it.

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/