State of the GnuCash project, part II

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Wed Nov 5 11:44:23 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:50:43AM -0400, Vaughn Treude was heard to remark:
> Hello all:
>
> I've just joined the list, so sorry if I'm repeating a recent question.  Last
> week I was google-searching to try to find a converter for Quick Books data
> to Gnu Cash.   I found an item on this list (around July of this year)
> involving a guy that volunteered to write one.  How's that going?

If its going, then he hasn't made enough noise to make me aware of it.
I'm not always aware of everything, but still ...

> Does he
> need help?

probably.

> Would this be an official part of the GnuCash project?  (I'm a

If the converter is integrated w/ gnucash, then clearly its 'official'.
If its a stand-alone utility ... yeah, I guess that could be official too.
.. announce it on the website, put it on ftp site.

> C++ developer with experience in QB and a desire to cut my last umbilical to
> MS.)

It would be great if you made this happen ...

--linas