Draft, State of the GnuCash project, part II: What can you do to help?

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri Nov 14 00:02:30 CST 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 12:13, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:46:39AM -0200, Jon Lapham was heard to remark:
> > ...and resulted in:
> > http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/oview_features1.html
>
> This looks good, I'd call these the 'proof points' since they help 'prove'
> what would otherwise sound like 'vaporware'.  For the web site, it would
> be nice to have something 'glitzier', punchier, shorter, associated with
> up-to-date screenshots (all of the screenshots on the site are from 1.6).

Yes, but I think we also need a much longer feature list that people can refer
to when they compare gnucash to other packages.

So that would be three lists:
-The one you are talking about (the marketing brochure).
-The feature overview Jon pointed us to, for most people (the overview).
-The long "technical" feature list (the specs).
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/
Président, Comité Jeunesse de l'Association des Diplômés de Polytechnique.