Draft, State of the GnuCash project, part II: What can you do to help?

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri Nov 14 15:54:47 CST 2003

On Friday 14 November 2003 00:10, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> Sorry I took so long to answer this, been busy :)
> ...SNIP...

NP, so have I ;)  Most of your suggestions have been integrated.

> I don't really understand this part, any 'perception problem' I have
> encountered seemed to me to be mostly someone wanting GnuCash to be
> something it wasn't (such as a Quicken clone). Perhaps someone could
> write this but I think a better approach would be just to work on making
> GnuCash conform more to usability guidelines decided on by the people
> who actually use GnuCash. Having valuable feedback by users get
> implemented would create a virtuous cycle of people saying how much they
> like GnuCash and more people who want to hack on it coming in because
> they heard about it.

Thinking that it is a Quicken clone IS a perception problem.  But nitpicking
aside, the point is to free core developers from this kind of thing so they
can spend more time designing and coding, not arguing this over and over on
IRC and -user.

--
Benoit Grégoire, http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/
Président, Comité Jeunesse de l'Association des Diplômés de Polytechnique.