Recompile stable CVS version

Peter Hosszu hosszu at nusurf.at
Wed Oct 1 21:07:41 CDT 2003

Hi,

I run SuSE Linux 8.2.
I try to make a running GnuCash following the points of the
TRANSLATION_HOWTO Ch. 4.
That's what I got:

peter at linux:/opt/packages/gnucash> ./autogen.sh
--prefix=/opt/packages/gnucash
processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Wiping out intl/ subdirectory
Copying file ABOUT-NLS
Copying file config.rpath
Copying file mkinstalldirs
. . .
. . . snip
. . .
Copying file m4/lib-prefix.m4
Copying file m4/progtest.m4
Copying file m4/stdint_h.m4
Copying file m4/uintmax_t.m4
Copying file m4/ulonglong.m4
Updating EXTRA_DIST in m4/Makefile.am (backup is in m4/Makefile.am~)
Adding an entry to m4/ChangeLog (backup is in m4/ChangeLog~)
Updating Makefile.am (backup is in Makefile.am~)
Updating configure.in (backup is in configure.in~)
Adding an entry to ChangeLog (backup is in ChangeLog~)

Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure
--disable-nls
option.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running intltoolize ...
./autogen.sh: line 164: intltoolize: command not found
Running aclocal -I
/opt/gnome2:/opt/gnome:/opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/48x48/apps:/opt/kde3/share/icons/hicolor/SuSE-48x48/apps:/opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/apps/share/aclocal

-I macros ...
aclocal: couldn't open directory
`/opt/gnome2:/opt/gnome:/opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/48x48/apps:/opt/kde3/share/icons/hicolor/SuSE-48x48/apps:/opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/apps/share/aclocal':

Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

**Error**: aclocal failed. This may mean that you have not
installed all of the packages you need, or you may need to
set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to include "-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
for the prefix where you installed the packages whose
macros were not found
peter at linux:/opt/packages/gnucash>

At this point I got stuck. I cannot figure out which packages are missing.
I looked into the development mailing list archive, but didn't find any
related info there.

Any help is kindly appreciated...

--
Bye / MfG / Üdv        Hosszu Peter