bill term linkage

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 12 19:53:07 CDT 2003

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> Another question:
>
> I'm making copies (yes, I remember out previous conversation) of
> customers for book closing. This requires copies of bill terms.
> Should I just copy *all* bill terms (using the object for-each routine)
> or should I copy only those that I can find by looking at what's
> in a customer?  I'm already doing both for completeness.. wondering
> if I should ditch 'foreach' or not.

I still believe that you should NOT be copying customers (or vendors,
or employees) across book closings, or if you do it should be an exact
copy, not a 'gemini' copy.  Similarly with the billterms and taxtables
you dont need to copy them because the parent/child code is already
doing the historical "copy and save" for you.