How about gnucash-1.8.8 soon?
stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Oct 18 11:34:53 CDT 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
the 1.8 branch has seen some minor fixes and improvements over the last weeks.
I propose to release another version, 1.8.8, sometime soon.
Would a 1.8.8 release next Sunday, October 26th, be good? What do people
Current Changes for 1.8.8 include:
- - Updated Italian, German, Catalan translation
- - HBCI direct debits fixed
- - Updated Greek, German ("SKR04"), Swiss German ("KMU") account templates
- - Fixed problem with date length
And what about the planning for 1.10 or 2.0? October is almost finished now.
If we decide to have a new stable series released *this* year (i.e. 1.10 in
mid-December), we would need to start with the 1.9.x releases *right now* for
testing/translation etc. On the other hand, if we decide to have a new stable
series released next year, then we could also decide to deliver a gnome2 port
and plan for a 2.0 release sometime February. In that case we could start
with 1.9.x releases sometime in November and merge the gnome2 branch onto
HEAD in December. The GNOME2_STATUS document explains nicely what still needs
to be done. In my opinion it is probably possible to have most of these
issues finished by the beginning of next year. Or somewhat like that. :-)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2-rc1-SuSE (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the gnucash-devel