How about gnucash-1.8.8 soon?

David Hampton hampton at
Sun Oct 19 22:23:47 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 01:34, Christian Stimming wrote:
> the 1.8 branch has seen some minor fixes and improvements over the last weeks. 
> I propose to release another version, 1.8.8, sometime soon. 

Fine by me.

> And what about the planning for 1.10 or 2.0? October is almost finished now. 
> If we decide to have a new stable series released *this* year (i.e. 1.10 in 
> mid-December), we would need to start with the 1.9.x releases *right now* for 
> testing/translation etc. On the other hand, if we decide to have a new stable 
> series released next year, then we could also decide to deliver a gnome2 port 
> and plan for a 2.0 release sometime February. In that case we could start 
> with 1.9.x releases sometime in November and merge the gnome2 branch onto 
> HEAD in December.

I'm making progress on the gnome2 port, but its slow.  Releasing a 1.10
has no impact on the gnome2 work, so I'll leave the decision up to the
rest of the group.

> The GNOME2_STATUS document explains nicely what still needs 
> to be done. 

Thanks. I'm trying to keep that up to date.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url :

More information about the gnucash-devel mailing list