The continuing saga of profiling GnuCash

Andreas Rottmann a.rottmann at gmx.at
Tue Sep 2 10:00:16 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:

> Benoit Grégoire wrote:
>> On Sunday 31 August 2003 08:49, Jon Lapham wrote:
>>
>>>Compiling this using "-g -pg" and calling it from the GnuCash guile script
>>>shown above produces a gmon.out file, but it does not contain any
>>>information from the GnuCash C functions, just the "inner_main" and "main"
>>>functions from simple-guile.c.
>> Are you using gcc3 to compile?  GnuCash is a collection of shared
>> libraries. To profile shares libraries, you have to use at LEAST
>> glibc 2.1, otherwise it most definitely won't work.
>>

> I using RH9... let's see what glibc that equates to... 2.3.2.
>
> gcc is 3.2.2.

You must set $LD_PROFILE to the SONAME of the lib to profile. This is
really under-documented (needed a few googles to get that info).

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty at ICQ      | 118634484 at ICQ | a.rottmann at gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux