UTF

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Sep 4 13:06:26 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> I'll note that some OSes use LANGUAGE, not LANG..  It all depends
> on the implementation of setlocale() -- gnucash just tells libc to
> "use the default".  So, this would be challenging, as we'd have
> to muck with our environment to get it to work right...

Yup.  But, the question is not whether it is easy to do, or not.  If
implimented, would it be an acceptable temporary solution?  (I would
impliment it, even if it needs to be on an OS by OS basis).

I would like to note that this problem really only affects people in
non-English speaking countries.  And, one of GnuCash's strongest
"selling" points is our international support (currencies, translations,
etc).

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil