Commitment to gnome2 port

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Sep 4 13:52:49 CDT 2003

Tony Watts wrote:
> Anyhow, I am running the gnome2 branch and trying to find any problems
> that I can solve. If you want me to look at the dialog question I can,
> surely it cant be that hard!

I think you may have missed my point, or more likely I didn't make it
well.  The point is not to get the Tip of the Day dialog fixed.

The point is that we as a community need to define a bit more clearly
what the future direction is for the project.  One specific way we can
do that is to decide on whether we are committed to the gnome2 port for
the next major release, or not.

And, I believe, that in this specific case, our indecision may be
costing us developers.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil