Commitment to gnome2 port

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 4 13:46:12 CDT 2003

Tony Watts <tjawatts at totalise.co.uk> writes:

> I am trying to get involved in the gnome2 port. I think it should be
> part of the v2 release (be nice with the numbering too). Legacy
> support would probably be good to.

I'm not sure what you mean by "legacy support"..  When we move to g2
(gnome 2.2, actually, not 2.0) we will no longer build on gnome-1.4.

> Am I right in thinking that most of the development that goes on is on
> the backend and that the interface doesnt change at a very rapid rate.

No...  In fact quite the opposite -- most of the development is the
UI.  Indeed, the majority of the code in the tree is UI code.  This is
why the g2 port is so hard.