feature/bug?

David Bobroff bobroff at centrum.is
Wed Sep 10 08:55:30 CDT 2003

Hello,

I've not been following gnucash for some time.  I've just dug up some data
to get a checking account back in order.  I only have about a dozen
transactions to enter.  After entering a few checks and a couple of
deposits, I got a dialog box popping up saying that the current transaction
was not balanced.  What does that mean?  I was simply entering another
check.  Shouldn't it simply do the math on the balance and let me enter my
next transaction?  It did that for a few and then it started doing this.
It gives me three choices:

Balance it manually

Let GnuCash add an adjusting split

Adjust current account split total

It has happened on both withdrawals and deposits.

Hmmm, after deleting all the "new" transactions I entered and starting over
it is doing it from the first new transaction.

What am I not understanding?

-David Bobroff

GnuCash 1.8.1 (as included in RH9)