SQL HOWTO

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Tue Sep 23 13:49:47 CDT 2003

Linas et al-

I noticed you put a link to the SQL HOWTO document on the web site under
the documentation section sidebar.

I've been trying to minimize the number of links to documents from the
web site.  I know we have a lot of things (like the SQL HOWTO, the main
README, the translators howto, the business howto, etc, etc) that we
need to make available to people.  However, I think we need to organize
the presentation of this material so as to not make GnuCash look like it
is a geeks-only application.  And, I'll tell you, when my grandmother
reads a link called "SQL HOWTO" on the main page, her eyes will glaze
over...

So, would it be appropriate to include the SQL HOWTO in the official
documentation somehow?  If not, then may I move your link to the
documentation web page, removing it from the main page?

-Jon