Website ordering

C. Gatzemeier c.gatzemeier at tu-bs.de
Wed Sep 24 17:44:44 CDT 2003

Hi!
The "SQL-Howto" thread made me have another look at the web pages.

I noticed the order in which documents are listed in the navigation bar and
docs.phtml are not equal. (making it just not so smooth as it could be)

Another thing that might be possible to fine-tune: When trying to direct
help-seeking users after reading the Concepts and the Manual in
docs.phtml it may be better to point them first to the wiki (matter of FAQs)
and then to the MLs.

As I understand it the wikis are not primarily "yet another way" to ask
questions, but a great fund in maintaining information (including FAQ
answers).
Could you please update that statement?

For an example you could look in this archived message:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.devel/10344

To make the most efficient use of the wikis I believe that the wikis should
also be mentioned as the first point under Help in the navigation bar, I
personaly don't mind a longer navigation bar as long as it is structured
nicely.

-Christian