XSLT Transform for Gnucash XML file

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 24 12:35:09 CDT 2003

Don't ask me -- I didn't create the XML backend.  Ohh, Oops -- the
dev who did is no longer with the project.  Oh well, life sucks.

But to answer your questions:

a) i dont think any of the devs understand xml well enough to implement
   DTD validations
b) the code doesn't use DTDs at all -- all the parsers (and generators)
   are hand written
c) none of the devs _care_ enough to worry about it

Why XML if we can only use it in gnucash?  Good question -- go ask the
dev who created it.  It doesn't even meet the original goal (full
backwards and forwards compatibility) from when it was originally
proposed.  OOPS.

-derek