hbci-module in new .deb (was: Gnucash 1.8.9 accepted to Debian sid)

Thomas Viehmann tv at beamnet.de
Wed Apr 28 03:04:18 EDT 2004

James A. Treacy (treacy at debian.org) wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:01:23PM +0000, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> > I think that's because gnucash is compiled without a libktoblzcheck-de
> > build-dependency.
>
> This is the first I've heard of this library and no, it is not
> installed on my machine. If it is crucial, then configure should check
> for it. If it ends up being important, I will install it and the next
> upload will be build having gnucash-hbci having a dependency on it.

It's not crucial and the obmission is really my fault because I meant to ask
you about it after it was in Debian, but then forgot. My apologies.
The nice thing is that when compiled against this, gnucash will check (with
checksums)  the destination of money transfers, so you don't send it to the
bank to get it back a few days later with the message that there is a typo in
the account number.
So, it'd be nice if you could include it with some upload, but I don't think
its urgent enough to need an upload of it's own.

Cheers

T.