update suggestion for documentation and use of credit/debit &increase/decrease

Perry Smith pedz at easesoftware.net
Wed Aug 11 18:42:24 EDT 2004

I am not sure if you want to get into all of this.  But on a slightly
off the topic suggestion, you could "reuse" what is already out on the
web.  I did a few google searchs and found:

http://www.quickmba.com/accounting/fin/equation/

The reason I hit that is because, to me, everything is a confused
muddle until the fundamental account equation is written out and
explained.  After that, I can slowly but successfully figure out the
credits and debits stuff.

I think "from the bank's perspective" may be vaguely true but it only
increases frustration.  Laying out the "resources and the claims
against the resources", to me at least, better explains why debit
accounts exist.

So, basically my suggestion is to either start with the accounting
equation and work from there or not attack the subject at all and just
point to some good places on the web with a comment like "for those who
are brave and curious".