Email Invoices

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Mon Aug 16 10:51:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 02:48:56PM +0100, Maf. King was heard to remark:
> On Monday 09 Aug 2004 14:33, Your Name wrote:
> > Anyone here ever think this will be a feature that gnucash supports?
> >
> > i am continuing to use peachtree because i can email invoices, and it
> > still seems to be more feature rich than gnucash, i have looked at
> > mybooks  pro but they want $795 for that, any ideas if gnucash is still
> > under development?
>
> Hi,
>
> Not exactly an answer to your question, but you could print the guncash
> invoices as pdfs and email those - not an "out the box 1-click solution" but
> will achieve the same result...

I did look into what it takes to have gnucash be able
to email out invoices, but there is not yet any
easy/simple/painless way to add this feature to gnucash yet.  This
has been discussed in the desktop-devel (gnome/kde) mailing lists.

--linas