g-wrap ?

Perry Smith pedz at easesoftware.net
Mon Aug 16 11:15:56 EDT 2004

I've gotten myself confused.

I had gnucash 1.8.8 via fink binaries working and then 1.8.9 via fink
source working without a hitch.

I switched to cvs and I built gnucash from cvs and at first, it would
die with a message like:

ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libgw-gnc", message: "dlcompat: file \"libgw-gnc.so\" not
found"

In the fink scripts, it changes libtool and ltmain.sh so I modified
those like the fink scripts, built, and was happy.

Now, the old error is back.  I dug around and found code like:

(cond
  ((or (string=? (version) "1.3")
       (string=? (version) "1.3.4"))
   (dynamic-call "gw_init_wrapset_gw_gnc"
                 (dynamic-link "libgw-gnc.so")))
  (else
   (dynamic-call "gw_init_wrapset_gw_gnc"
                 (dynamic-link "libgw-gnc"))))

I'm guessing that (version) relates to the g-wrap version.  So I
understand why the code does not work but how did it work before?

Also, any suggestions of how this should work on a Mac?  The dynamic
libs are suffixed with .dylib

I'm also trying to track down why "make install" changes my shared
libraries in the source tree from foo.dylib to foo.dylibU and then
another make fails because it can not find foo.dylib

Any help would be appreciated.

Perry