g_return

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 17:16:10 EDT 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 8:22, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > As is, that is completely silent, no message at all.
>
> Make sure that the code in src/engine/gnc-trace.c isn't dumping all
> messages to a logfile (e.g. /tmp/gnucash.trace or something like that).

Aha! Thanks Linas!

Was this intended?
Diff for /gnucash/src/engine/gnc-trace.c between versions 1.2 and 1.2.20.8
void gnc_log_init (void)
{
   fout = stderr;
   fout = stdout;
   fout = fopen ("/tmp/gnucash.trace", "w");
   g_log_set_handler (G_LOG_DOMAIN, G_LOG_LEVEL_MASK, fh_printer, fout);
}
(Doesn't look right to me).

http://cvs.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnucash/src/engine/gnc-trace.c.diff?r1=1.2;r2=1.2.20.8;f=h
version 1.2.20.8, 2004/08/05 21:03:27

From the doxygen docs:
void gnc_set_logfile ( FILE * outfile  )
Specify an alternate log output, to pipe or file. By default, all logging goes
to STDERR.

That would explain why  G_LOG_DOMAIN reverts to STDERR.

(It would also explain why I had error reports until fairly recently.)
:-)

--

Neil Williams