Welcome back

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Tue Aug 17 08:01:50 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:23:52PM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:

> > > outstanding issues here:
> > > http://www.codehelp.co.uk/code/problems.html#AEN378
> >
> > I think you might be able to work around many/most of these issues
> > (such as the commodity issue, the account group issue, the split/lot
> > lists, and maybe even the sched xaction issues) by adding a "book_merge"
> > routine to qofobject.h, and then letting each object implement its
> > own merge routine to 'do the right thing' for that object type.  For
> > us 'lazy' object developers, provide a generic merge routine that
> > we can use if an object is fully qof compliant.
>
> A book-merge: function is an excellent idea. I'll get that done.

OK, let us know how this goes.  Although we could add support for lists
and trees into qof (to handle the lists of splits and the account tree)
I'm not sure that I want to burn the brain cells right now to figure out
the 'right' way of doing thiis, not just yet.   By contrast, the
book-merge-per-object call seemed like a simple catch-all.

> > OK, I'm still jet lagged.  What's you sourceforge id?
>
> codehelpgpg

Done.  Please note that I currently keep qof and gnucash in sync
manually, and that this is a potentially error-prone process.
Let me know if anything looks funny.

--linas