Email Invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 17 15:29:52 EDT 2004

Doctorcam <cam at ellisonet.ca> writes:

> Sorry - when I said "design", I meant the way the printed invoice
> looks.  As you point out below, they are ugly (though I wasn't about
> to say that).  The system itself works just fine, and yes, I do use
> it.

Considering I wrote the invoice.scm code, I'm perfectly willing to
call them ugly.  ;)

I was hoping someone else would donate something better.  Someone
did -- fancy-invoice.scm -- but it's not quite "finished".

> The layout I use for my printed invoices is very different from the
> stock gnucash layout.  I need to be able to explain more, and much
> of what I do is charged as a lump sum, so all the unit price,
> quantity, and discount stuff is less than useful.

Define "very different".  The extra columns are easy to handle -- just
go into the options and remove them.  It's quite flexible.  Me, I
charge by the hour, so I like putting in the units (# hours) into my
invoices.  This is why it's flexible.  :)