The GnuCash core

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Tue Dec 7 13:54:29 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Josh Sled wrote:

> Yeah, web apps do indeed rock. :)

I would say that web apps have their place.  But I hate using them
unless necessary.  One reason I selected gnucash over several
opensource webapps is that it has a real GUI.  (I would also be
happy with a real TUI.)

Fortunately, gnucash was designed to support multiple UIs.

Some day, using Java or its successor, it will be possible to have
web apps with the responsiveness of a real GUI.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>