associate jpeg image of reciept with a transaction?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Sat Dec 11 14:16:49 EST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
> This is really fodder for gnucash-devel instead of gnucash-user (as
> we're getting way into development issues instead of user issues).
> So, I've cc'd both groups.  Followups should go to gnucash-devel.

(recap for those not on the user list) this started with a suggestion to
"add the ability to attach arbitrary files to transactions" with
"automatic cross-referencing".

Later there was another idea to have gnucash call out to an external
program to scan checks using a scanner.

Then another idea was to add a field to hold an url to link or reference
an external file.

Followups to date expanded a bit on the ideas and commented on
accounting policy and IRS rules on document copies.

> Unfortunately I think this model is probably a lot of work, but I
> think it would be a great design.  Anyone want to take this on?

Perhaps start with adding a field to use for external file url's or links?

Would probably be easier and faster to set up and it seems it would fit
into the calling external apps/callback model.

Personally, I would be more than happy just to be able to link or
reference an external file to a transaction.

--
=-=
jd

i is a by-product of public education.