associate jpeg image of reciept with a transaction?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Dec 11 20:23:12 EST 2004

jdebert <jdebert at garlic.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> jdebert <jdebert at garlic.com> writes:
>>
>>>I would rather link an external file than merely add a reference entry.
>> Ok, perhaps we're not speaking the same language.  Link == Reference.
>> E.g. 'ln(1)'
>
> No, not as ln(1).

Uh, yes it is exactly like ln!  You even say so below when you say:

> the first, as in a "file: url".

How do you think ln works?  It makes a "link" to the file by adding a
reference.  However, just like with ln (in particular ln -s) if you
move or delete the file you'll have a dangling pointer.

I still suggest using the Notes field for this.