Windows GNUCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 19 18:12:39 EST 2004

Colin Thomsen <gnucash.20.colin at spamgourmet.com> writes:

> There has been some talk about a Windows version of GNUCash which
> would be created by compiling up all the components including the GUI
> components. I don't know if this has been successful, but I propose a
> different approach. I've compiled up the engine and backend (File)
> modules under Windows so I think I have the tools available to work in
> a compatible way with existing saved XML files.
>
> Now it is just a matter of putting together some Windows-specific GUI
> code to work with the underlying data and I should have a 'light'
> version of GNUCash, which would initially just allow you to work with
> transactions. Reporting and other GNUCash features could be added as
> needed.
>
> Any comments?

About 60% (or more) of GnuCash is in the GUI.  There's even a lot of
business logic in the GUI code, which you'll have to replicate.

You'll have an easier job helping us finish the g2 port and then
using the windows g2 port as the basis for porting gnucash.

I wish you luck and look forward to your patches.