Sotcks in different currencies with differents bank accounts currencies

Nicolas Scheffer nico at airboum.net
Mon Dec 20 12:59:04 EST 2004

Hi,

I got the several problem when i try to use Gnucash to manage my
different stocks accounts:
Here is first what i have :
- bank A account in Euro
- trader A1 where i have Euro Stock hold by bank A
- trader A2 where i have USD Stock hold by Bank A
- bank B account in USD
- trader B1 where i have USD Stock hold by Bank B

I use Euro as report currency and Yahoo Europe to fetch price with a
Europe/Paris local time.

Which part is working:
When i try to handle Euro Stock with trader A1 with my Bank account A,
there is no problem, report is correct.

Which part is not working or partially:
When i try to handle USD Stock with trader A2 with my Bank account A, i
need to convert the buy or sell price before to enter the transaction,
report is correct. Why i need to enter the price in Euro to have this
working ?
When i try to handle USD Stock with trader B1 with my Bank account B,
nothing is working, i try to play with an exchange rate to 1 to have
the correct value on the bank account, but report show the USD amount
in Euro for the same amount then gains are totally wrong! What to do ?
Is there a bug to handle a such situation ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Nicolas Scheffer